Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Jordan


I don't know where to begin about our trip to Jordan. I'm sure it will take many posts for me to really process and explain it all. The first day we met up with Kinzi (http://www.kinziblogs.wordpress.com/). She saw my mom and I walking back from Cozmo. Gee, Kinzi, how'd you know it was us? He, he. The same thing happened when we were meeting up with a friend that one of our family friends wanted us to meet. He called b/c he spotted us walking near his store. I guess two blondies are easy to spot:) It was wonderful meeting up with Kinzi and meeting her kids. They are extremely well behaved! We had lunch with a friend and got a tour of Amman (well, west Amman). We absolutely loved our hotel (thanks for the recommendation Kinzi). The people working there were extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast was tasty and the first day back, my mom and missed our Mediterranean breakfast! My mom also got a chance to eat her first Arabic meal at our friend's house. I've had some Arabic food in the States, but my mom had only had some maqluba (which I made, therefore it wasn't truly Arabic) and some felafel, which we bought mix for, therefore not truly Arabic.
Our first day impressions:
The people are really, really nice.
Men stare at blondes.
Driving is very scary!
The architecture of the houses is amazing.
The food is awesome.
There is a lot of trash everywhere.
In some ways, we don't feel at all like we left home.

No comments: