Tuesday, January 2, 2007

2007

I would like to do a few things in 2007, although I'm not really a "resolution maker". My goals or ideas for 2007:
1. remember to write my lesson plans down- I did very well at this last year, but I majorly slacked this fall.
2. increase my charitable giving- Every year I'm trying (and succeeding) to give a little more so that I can reach that 10% I'm supposed to be giving.
3. Do either some volunteer work or travel this summer, but hopefully combine those two. The short list of places to visit, currently is Jordan, Cyprus, and/or Jerusalem.
4. Discipline my mind not to stress about things that I should be waiting for God to fulfill. Most single girls can identify w/this one!!

That's it. I think they're pretty attainable! Here's to a fabulously smashing year!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bo!Do we know each other? Thanks for visiting my blog, and if you make it to Jordan, please get in touch!

Hareega said...

Yeah visit Jordan!

By the way I avoid making new year resolutions, they don't work, a new year is a just a new number

Bo said...

Kinzi-
I'll definately get in touch if I make it to Jordan this summer. I'm looking into some volunteer opportunities now.

Hareega-
I usually don't make resolutions either; we'll see how this goes. I'm thinking of them more as goals.
ps- You blog about living w/the lady that had a dog cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bo, thanks AGAIN for visiting my blog and adding Christian flavour!

Habitat for Humanity, Operation Smile, Operation Mercy, Sisters (Missionaries?) of Charity are all active here. I have a friend with a sports NGO I can ask about, too.

There are two very lively English speaking Catholic fellowships I can connect you with, as well. There is a great New Yorker priest, Father Kevin. You won't be lacking for spiritual input in the desert!