Monday, January 8, 2007

"I've Never..."

When I was in college, we used to play this game called "I've never..." The way the game worked was that you sat in a circle (each person w/a drink) and would fill in the blank with something that you had done- i.e. "I've never thought a teacher was cute." And if anyone else playing the game had done the same thing, they took a drink. So, basically it was along the lines of truth or dare, w/out the dare. If you had done something, you had to drink. Consequently, to be make the game interesting, you needed to think of really random things that had happened to you.
Fast forward, ahem, more than a couple of years and sometimes when something random happens to me, I often think, "That would make a great 'I've never...'" Yesterday, one such incident happened.
Driving back from spending Christmas break with my family, it was raining. As I was driving along the highway at about 60 mph, with my windshield wipers on, I heard a really sudden crash and saw a black object fly over my car. "Oh my, what was that?" It took me a few seconds (and a look in my rear-view mirror at the flying black object) to realize that my windshield wiper had literally blown right off my car!! Well, I was about 10 miles from the nearest town, so I called my mom to ask her to look on the internet to find the nearest AutoZone. She didn't answer. I got ahold of my sister (yeah!) and she found one; so I headed straight there. Thank goodness the driver's wiper was still intact. I got to AutoZone and asked the guy for a wiper for my car; he also offered to put it on. When we got outside, he said, "Where is your wiper?"
I said, "Somewhere on the highway..." I don't know if he believed me; he looked pretty shocked!

No comments: