Saturday, January 20, 2007

The town is blue... (literally)


Before I lived in the Indy area, I really wasn't much of a football fan. I enjoyed watching my cousins play for their high school (and now college) teams, but as far as the NFL was concerned, I never really watched. In fact, my two friends from college were surprised when I said that I watched the games now.

However, the second year I lived in Indy, my roommate and I decided to get tickets to a Colt's game (this was before they were really that great and tickets were available the weekend of a game). I remember walking into the Dome and thinking, "Wow! This is where are the men are!" :) From then on, I was hooked.

We took my mom to a play-off game two years ago against the Broncos. After hiking up to our seats (yes, the nose-bleed section) my mom said, "This is sooo awesome!! Now, what color are we?!" Yes, she really did say that, in a stadium filled with.... Blue. I told her we were blue and she replied, "Oh good! I love blue!!" (Ok, so now that I'm typing this, maybe it wasn't odd that I never cared about the Colts before moving to Indy).

Regardless of liking the NFL or not, it would be hard to be living in Indy right now and not get involved in this season. Our town is literally blue. Our downtown buildings have replaced some of their lights to blue and put them in the shape of a horseshoe. One building has clips from games projected onto its side. Yet, it doesn't end there. Driving home from church last Sunday night, I noticed a house that had lights illuminating its front. I was thinking, "Mmm... They didn't have those at Christmas (I drive this same route to work every day)." It took me a few days, and I realized that those were for the Colts. Every Friday is "Blue Day" and many work places allow employees to wear their jerseys. Even my school allows the students to forgo the embroidered polos to wear jerseys with the uniform pants and skirts (tartan plaid skirts and Colt's jerseys do make quite a statement!).

So, however the game ends tomorrow (and I do hope the Colts win) I am glad to see our town come together to support something.

Go Colts!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Wow! This is where all the men are!"

LOL. Maybe I should have become a football fan while I had my chance... then again, nah.

Bo said...

Rebecca,
Thanks for visiting!
Yeah, most of the men were drunk with blue-painted faces! I can't picture that at your "type".
Emily
ps- I really want to see Lebanon now after seeing your pics. I knew it was supposed to be beautiful, but.. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Bears by 10.

Bo said...

Hamede,
by 10?! mmmm.... we'll see...It depends on which Colts team shows up: the team from the first half of the Patriots game or the team from the second half.

I really do hope it's a good game, though. The closer the score, the more exciting the game.
Thanks for your input!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I think you're right. Blue faced drunks are not the type for me. :)
If you come visit I can't promise you a tour of Lebanon, but I'd love to show you around Jordan!

Anonymous said...

Congrats,best man won.

Bo said...

Rebecca,
Yeah, I think Lebanon might be out. I will pray for peace for the beautiful country and live vicariously through yours and Summer's pictures for now.
Hamede,
Thanks for your comment. I am pretty proud of the Colts. I went to the homecoming rally last night and am going to post some pictures of it. I think the Bears will win one in the future, though and as long as they don't play the Colts- I'll cheer them on!