Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Colts Rally


The team and coaches sat on a stage and gave speeches from it.

We were definately in the nose bleed section.

Aren't their jeans cute! They said they helped their mom make them.

Outside the Dome

Walking in the freezing temps to the Dome


Well, a friend and I braced the freezing temps yesterday to go the the homecoming rally for the Colts. I felt like I needed to show my support since I ditched out on watching the game. We went to a pub and I only made it through the first quarter when my allergies to smoke were just too much. When will they ban smoking in bars?? Probably never, but I have wishful thinking. I hate smoke- that's another post, though. It was eerie driving home during the game. There was noooo traffice. I mean, I saw maybe 30 cars the entire half an hour drive. It was so weird.
Ok, back to the rally. We left right after I got off from work at 3, got downtown about 4, and into the Dome about 5. The parade was origianally supposed to begin at 4, which turned into 5:50. The team go to the Dome about 6:40 or so. I said they were operating on Arabic time. The Dome was almost filled by the time we got there, and apparently people were being turned away by 4:45 or so.
My only complaints: there was no food (they could have made a killing as it was dinner time) and there was no security at the gates. For games, you nearly get patted down and all bags are checked. There was no one at the gates yesterday. I really am a post-9/11 child, because the first thing I thought was, "Ok. There are 36,000 people here and no one to check for bombs." My friend told me to stop having such morbid thoughts!
The great part was hearing Tony Dungy speak. He garnered nearly as many cheers as Peyton Manning. Whoever number 44 was, made me laugh, too. He said, "Wow! I didn't know this many people lived in Indianapolis." I need to Google him and find out where he is from. Overall, I am glad that we went.
The good news is that because of the cold temps, for the past two days we have had 2 hour delays for school! Yeah! Today we are supposed to get anywhere from 4-7 inches of snow, though. I like delays better than snow-days because we don't have to make them up on another day.

No comments: