Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day


My dog a few weeks ago in the snow. Looks can be deceiving though, she actually hates the snow. This morning, I opened the door, she looked at the snow covered sidewalk, looked at me, and walked away from the door! I had to force her out.

Well, today I experienced a new first in my life- waking up to a Blizzard Warning for my county. We knew that is was going to snow quite a bit today, but I guess with the high winds, my county and others north of it were put on a blizzard warning because of the blowing snow. Fortunately, I'm at the southern most part of this warning, so it doesn't look bad at all outside. Actually, it has begun to sleet. Schools are closed today, and the unexpected day off normally excites me. However, after being stuck at home sick last week, I have cabin fever. I also, foolishly didn't bring any work home, even though I have quite a bit of grading to finish. I decided that this must have been God's plan, somehow, so I've decided to do much prayer and catch up on my Bible study that I missed while being sick. For some reason, Lebanon is really on my heart for prayers. I woke up in the middle of the night and prayed for the country and I plan on spending some more time in prayer for the country today. Isn't it odd, that a country I've never visited, weighs so heavily on my heart? I have always felt an attachment to Lebanon. It's so beautiful and the people so warm. I know that an anniversary is tomorrow that has the possibility to bring violence to the area, and maybe that's why God is tugging my heart to pray. May God keep the Lebanese safe and may peace reign in the land.

No comments: