Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Good Morning in Indiana!

I wish every morning could begin the way today did. First, I have triplets in my class this year and out of the blue, one of them handed me a gift today. Inside was a.... Colts' jersey! I have been wanting one forever, but they are $50.00 and I just can't rationalize the spending. What a spurprise. My birthday was last week, but they just gave me this for absolutely no reason. I told them that the best gifts are the ones that you least expect!
The next wonderful thing about this morning actually began last night. I have the biggest Tyra Banks fan in my class this year. The girl wants to be "America's Next Top Model" when she's older and watches anything that has Tyra Banks. We are celebrating Catholic Schools' Week this week and we have a different theme every day. Monday was "Fanatic Day" and the kids could wear anything that represented something in which they were fans. I had everything from the green one-eyed guy from Monsters Inc. to Colts. However, my Tyra Fan, made a T-shirt that said, "I love Tyra Banks". I took her picture and began thinking...
So, last night, I emailed the picture to Tyra Banks along with a letter explaining what a great kid this girl is. Today, I got a response from Tyra... they are sending my student an autographed picture and a free gift!!! How kind is that! I didn't expect to hear back from them for a while, and they emailed me back within a few hours. If only government agencies were that quick!! I was going to wait until the picture came in to tell my student, but I only lasted 10 minutes and I pulled her out of class to tell her. She was soooooo excited! It just made my day!

So, a Colts' jersey and an autographed Tyra Banks picture- some days are just awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a beautiful gesture from your students. isn't this ironic, It was my boss' birthday last week. I and a few co-workers got him a Urlacher Jersey and a bears hat ... :)

Bo said...

Iman,
My students are so kind; I'm really lucky this year. They are the kind of kids that I hope to raise some day (and believe me, I don't always think about middle schoolers!).